We just shot this cool time lapse of the lamination of a new American Tug 365 hull. Start to finish the hull takes 9-days. There are over twenty laminated parts that make up a complete AT365. In total the boat will take 16-weeks to complete and will have over 1,100 parts.
Seattle Boats Afloat Show
On Lake Union
September 10-14th, 2014
Complete show details and information can be found here.
On Display: Our new American Tug 485
Come to the show and see our new American Tug 485 on display. It is always fun to see friends at the big show so please stop by the boat and say hello.
We are making several changes to the American Tug 365!
Changes for 2015 include:
- Full length cockpit cover & longer upper boat deck
- New linear galley & U-shape settee
- New cabinetry with full face frame construction
- Revised master cabin with new joinery & wood lined hull sides
- New deck accessed anchor locker & storage
The new U-shape settee & linear galley allows more seating & two comfortable corners.
We are excited to be making these revisions for 2015. It will now be easy to add a cockpit enclosure with the overhead cover extending further aft, she will have the fully polished stainless support rails like our other models. The larger upper “boat deck” will now carry up to a 10.5-foot dinghy and/or a larger upper entertaining area. The new master stateroom will feature the AT-395 style joinery with sapele or maple hull “ceiling” lining. The anchor locker will have a large deck hatch allowing it to be used as easily accessed storage. All nice improvements to a great boat.
American Tug 365 Hull #11 will be the first boat to feature the new changes, come on past the factory and let’s take a look. Let’s build your boat so you have her for summer 2015 and join our Alaska Flotilla trip.
Call Steve at 360-466-2961 or steve@Americantugs.com
Meet Moxie. She is hull 485 -03, and is now in the water on Trawler Row. This is a flybridge model with a very cool stainless arch and articulated bimini top. The arch and bimini can lower together with the push of a button!
Come on by the shop in La Conner, WA and let’s take a look at the gorgeous
American Tug 485’s. Call Steve Scruggs at 360-466-2961 for complete information.
Click on any photo for a gallery of 125-photos of Moxie
Salon & Galley configuration can be customized to your design
Flybridge is optional, radar arch articulates and hinges back for clearance
Click here for a full gallery of 125-photos of the American Tug 485 Moxie.
Commanding pilothouse with great sight lines
Click any photo for a gallery of 125-photos of the American Tug 485
Cruise to Alaska in 2015 with American Tugs
It is time to go to Alaska with your American Tug friends. 2015 is the year!
We have planned an Alaskan Adventure with Mark Bunzel and his Waggoner Flotilla Cruising trips. Those that made one of his three cruises this past summer all had a great experience. We want to draw on his unique expertise for a fun and well executed cruise to Alaska.
American Tug’s Waggoner Flotilla Trip to Alaska
May 16th – June 5th, 2015
We are very pleased to offer the American Tug Owner’s Group a special flotilla trip program to SE Alaska. We call this a program because it includes:
- Planning Kit with 3 Douglass Cruising Guides covering BC and SEAK, Inside Passage Planning Maps, 2015 Waggoner Cruising Guide, 2015 Ports & Passes, and Local Knowledge books.
- 3 day Seminar program in March or April
- 3 Week One-Way Flotilla from Anacortes to Ketchikan with events at a number of locations. Some dinners are group pot-luck dinners. Some are at the most popular marina restaurants on the Inside Passage. We include a “All you can eat – crab and prawn dinner” at Pierre’s Echo Bay Lodge and Marina in the package. All other dinner events are optional and paid for by each boat.
- All arrangements with marinas are pre-reserved and coordinated for advance notice and potential weather delays. Owners are responsible for their own moorage.
- Flotilla leader Mark Bunzel will lead the trip providing individual daily briefings including weather and suggested routing with coordination for all participants. On going communication with all participants before and during the trip. There are also typically 2-3 check-in phone calls with the participants before departure.
- Flotilla participation is priced at $2500 per boat. A 50% deposit is due upon sign-up. Planning Kits will be shipped and seminar registration confirmed upon first payment. 50% due 60 days prior to departure.
Short video shot by one of the 2014 participants, very well done.
Let’s join Mark for his first trip of 2015 to Alaska. Information is here
We are very proud to announce the launch of American Tug Charters!
In association with the fine folks at San Juan Yachting, American Tugs will be available for charter in the Pacific Northwest and the Salish Sea.
This is a great opportunity for those that would like to try cruising aboard an American Tug. Learn the systems with factory trained instructors, take your family for a great vacation in the San Juan or Canadian waters and try out these great boats.
Opportunities exist for boat ownership in the program, where the charter fees can help pay for your new boat. Let’s talk tugs!
For full charter information contact Rick Sale at San Juan Yachting. 1-800-670-8089 or email@example.com. www.sanjuanyachting.com
Cinda christening Calumet with the help of King Neptune
Congratulations to Joe & Cinda Langjahr on the launch of their new American Tug 395. Today was a wonderful day as Cinda, with the help of King Neptune, christened Calumet.
Thank you for working with all of us at American Tugs!