Meet Moxie. She is hull 485 -03, and is now in the water on Trawler Row. This is a flybridge model with a very cool stainless arch and articulated bimini top. The arch and bimini can lower together with the push of a button!
Come on by the shop in La Conner, WA and let’s take a look at the gorgeous
American Tug 485’s. Call Steve Scruggs at 360-466-2961 for complete information.
Click on any photo for a gallery of 125-photos of Moxie
Salon & Galley configuration can be customized to your design
Flybridge is optional, radar arch articulates and hinges back for clearance
Click here for a full gallery of 125-photos of the American Tug 485 Moxie.
Commanding pilothouse with great sight lines
Click any photo for a gallery of 125-photos of the American Tug 485
Cruise to Alaska in 2015 with American Tugs
It is time to go to Alaska with your American Tug friends. 2015 is the year!
We have planned an Alaskan Adventure with Mark Bunzel and his Waggoner Flotilla Cruising trips. Those that made one of his three cruises this past summer all had a great experience. We want to draw on his unique expertise for a fun and well executed cruise to Alaska.
American Tug’s Waggoner Flotilla Trip to Alaska
May 16th – June 5th, 2015
We are very pleased to offer the American Tug Owner’s Group a special flotilla trip program to SE Alaska. We call this a program because it includes:
- Planning Kit with 3 Douglass Cruising Guides covering BC and SEAK, Inside Passage Planning Maps, 2015 Waggoner Cruising Guide, 2015 Ports & Passes, and Local Knowledge books.
- 3 day Seminar program in March or April
- 3 Week One-Way Flotilla from Anacortes to Ketchikan with events at a number of locations. Some dinners are group pot-luck dinners. Some are at the most popular marina restaurants on the Inside Passage. We include a “All you can eat – crab and prawn dinner” at Pierre’s Echo Bay Lodge and Marina in the package. All other dinner events are optional and paid for by each boat.
- All arrangements with marinas are pre-reserved and coordinated for advance notice and potential weather delays. Owners are responsible for their own moorage.
- Flotilla leader Mark Bunzel will lead the trip providing individual daily briefings including weather and suggested routing with coordination for all participants. On going communication with all participants before and during the trip. There are also typically 2-3 check-in phone calls with the participants before departure.
- Flotilla participation is priced at $2500 per boat. A 50% deposit is due upon sign-up. Planning Kits will be shipped and seminar registration confirmed upon first payment. 50% due 60 days prior to departure.
Full information at: www.americantugexpeditions.com
Short video shot by one of the 2014 participants, very well done.
Let’s join Mark for his first trip of 2015 to Alaska.
Cinda christening Calumet with the help of King Neptune
Congratulations to Joe & Cinda Langjahr on the launch of their new American Tug 395. Today was a wonderful day as Cinda, with the help of King Neptune, christened Calumet.
Thank you for working with all of us at American Tugs!
Click on the photo to download a pdf of the article
Download the article here.
Hot off the presses! Get your copy of the August 2014 copy of Sea Magazine. Great review of the new American Tug 485.
Thank you to Roger McAfee and the staff at Sea Magazine!
I am helping a client deliver his 2008 American Tug 34 to San Francisco. This is a fun “port to port” delivery along the west coast. In total about 800-miles.
Click the photo to read about Steve’s trip down the coast in an American Tug
Follow our trip with my daily blog posts on the American Tug News. www.americantugnews.com The news is a good source for information on the boats, their owners and builders.
I put together a Relative Distance Guide for the area between San Francisco and Anacortes. This guide is a great trip planning aid. Always handy to know the distance to or from your next port. Please download it.
Hope you enjoy my trip blog. Steve